This scenery adds generic vfr objects derived from OSM data, i.e. objects like chimneys, radio masts and communication towers, churches, mosques, wind turbines, solar panel fields, flags, lighthouses, windmills, cranes, water towers, tanks, castles and ruins, observation towers, campaniles, cooling towers, piers and boats, seamarks.
It is meant for users wanting to add these objects to the standard scenery of X-Plane 11/10 or to HD Mesh Scenery by alpilotx.
File covers entire world (generated 12,582 tiles)
Copy the content of the archive to your custom scenery folder. OpenSceneryX (http://www.opensceneryx.com/) has to be installed in the custom scenery folder. Don't change the name of the library.
Run the install script (Win/Mac/Linux) to copy external objects into the scenery package. Therefore OpenSceneryX and this scenery have to be in the custom scenery folder!!
After starting and ending X-Plane, adjust the order of entries in scenery_packs.ini, refer to FAQ.
- added script to copy external objects into the package
- adopted library.txt to be compatible with XP11.10+
- added 4 more castle objects
- changed cathedral object
- actualised with OSM data June 2017
- decreased density of sailing boats on bigger lakes
- changed tank objects to original XP-objects
- added silo and cathedral object
- improved castle, ruin and communcation tower objects
- fixed object lugano church
- corrected texture path of object "churches_61.85x66.42_4_lugano.obj"
- included some R2_Library objects with permission (thanks to Jirka), so no additional R2_Library is needed anymore
- added castles and ruins (thanks to XP-Flieger for the objects)
- added seamarks (thanks to Paolo Zamparo)
- initial version