Important: Before downloading and installing all new stuff, please take 5 min and read this post and the linked page to get an idea what you need and what not to get the best performance and user experience for your flights in X-Plane 10. And you get very useful information to get XP10 running smoothly:
Read more and download
I’ve finished an update of all w2xp sceneries with lot of improvements:
- actual data Feb, 2016
- one file per continent
- added new buildings for South europe
- added gantry and portal cranes
- added wooden piers with ships at piers
- added platforms and roofs
- deleted objects at most airports
- corrected LODs
- some improved facades
- solar panel fields
- added cable car, gondola, drag lift
See some examples for new objects introduced in the 2016 w2xp sceneries:
piers with boats
gantry and portal cranes
railway platforms with roofs
gondolas and lifts
solar panel fields
Users may ask, what are the changes in osm version to the normal version published before.
The normal version has smart exclusions to allow autogen objects in regions where OSM data is poor. The osm version has no smart exclusions and thus no additional autogen objects, you only will see what in OSM is.
In most cases the osm version is faster (~10%) due to less exclusions and less objects (there are no objects which in reality not exist). Otherwise you could see some poor looking cities or regions as these lack of OSM data.
Central European countries have a good quality and quantity of OSM data, so you can use the osm version without much difference on objects. Forother regions decide for yourself, which version fits best to your needs.
If you want to cover Europe with w2xp sceneries, you had to download and extract 49 files. Now Europe is available in only 6 parts:
- Europe West: Andorra, Azores, Faroe-Islands, Great-Britain, Iceland, Ireland, Northern-Ireland, Isle of Man, Portugal, Spain
- Europe Central West: Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Monaco
- Europe Central North: Germany, Netherlands
- Europe Central South: Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Italy, Liechtenstein, Malta, Slovenia, Switzerland
- Europe East: Albania, Belarus, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, Ukraine
- Europe North: Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Norway, Russia, Sweden
The new sceneries have less borders (= less exclusions) and thus some advantages depending on the region:
- disk space decrease 50% in total
- faster loading time up to 20%
- less RAM and VRAM used ~10%
- fps are the same or up to 20% higher
Download the new sceneries at w2xp sceneries.
For European countries there were up to 6 versions available, too much for beginners. Now there is only one version, which should fit all needs, it combines the speed of sd version with the quality of hd/ihd version. Some users reported much better fps than hd/ihd.
There is also a new file “W2xp World-models Ext-LOD” available, some errors were eliminated, the LOD for included objects is set from 4/5,000 to 12,000 to match the LOD of 18,000 of the new version better. Still the old (original) file is available. If you have problems with the ext-LOD version, switch to the old “W2xp World-models“.
Have fun flying!