Now Europe (files part 1 – 6) and America (files US + Greenland + Canada + Mexico + Central America + South America) are available as one download to cover the whole continent. Additionally nearly all flickering facades were eliminated.
Europe is also available in a more fps friendly version “osm only” without autogen and smart exclusions. You can also mix the normal and osm-only version e.g. for Central Europe.
Users may ask, what are the changes in osm-only version to the normal version published before.
The normal version has smart exclusions to allow autogen objects in regions where OSM data is poor. The osm-only version has no smart exclusions and thus no additional autogen objects, you only will see what in OSM is.
In most cases the osm-only version is faster (~10%) due to less exclusions and less objects (there are no objects which in reality not exist). Otherwise you could see some poor looking cities or regions as these lack of OSM data.
Central European countries have a good quality and quantity of OSM data, so for regions 2 – 4 you can use the osm-only version without much difference on objects. For region 1, 5 and 6 decide for yourself, which version fits best to your needs.
If you want to cover Europe with w2xp sceneries, you had to download and extract 49 files. Now Europe is available in only 6 parts:
- Europe West: Andorra, Azores, Faroe-Islands, Great-Britain, Iceland, Ireland, Northern-Ireland, Isle of Man, Portugal, Spain
- Europe Central West: Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Monaco
- Europe Central North: Germany, Netherlands
- Europe Central South: Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Italy, Liechtenstein, Malta, Slovenia, Switzerland
- Europe East: Albania, Belarus, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, Ukraine
- Europe North: Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Norway, Russia, Sweden
The new sceneries have less borders (= less exclusions) and thus some advantages depending on the region:
- disk space decrease 50% in total
- faster loading time up to 20%
- less RAM and VRAM used ~10%
- fps are the same or up to 20% higher
Download the new sceneries at w2xp sceneries.
For European countries there were up to 6 versions available, too much for beginners. Now there is only one version, which should fit all needs, it combines the speed of sd version with the quality of hd/ihd version. Some users reported much better fps than hd/ihd.
There is also a new file “W2xp World-models Ext-LOD” available, some errors were eliminated, the LOD for included objects is set from 4/5,000 to 12,000 to match the LOD of 18,000 of the new version better. Still the old (original) file is available. If you have problems with the ext-LOD version, switch to the old “W2xp World-models“.
Have fun flying!